SolarEdge invented an intelligent inverter solution that revolutionized the way power is harvested and managed in a solar photovoltaic (PV) system.
The SolarEdge single phase inverter is specifically designed to work with the SolarEdge power optimisers.
Because MPPT and voltage management are handled separately for each panel by the power optimiser, the inverter is only responsible for DC to AC inversion. Consequently, it is a simpler, more cost effective, more reliable solar inverter with a standard 12-year warranty, extendable to 20 or 25 years.
The fixed string voltage ensures operation at the highest efficiency at all times independent of string length and temperature.
In addition to its functionality as a DC-optimised PV inverter, the single phase inverter also manages battery and system energy as part of SolarEdge’s battery storage solution.
- Solar inverters specifically designed to work with SolarEdge power optimisers
- 2.5kW to 10kW inverter range
- Superior efficiency
- Standard 12-year warranty (extendable to 20 or 25 years)
- Built-in panel-level monitoring receiver
- Communication to internet via Ethernet, wireless connectivity (using Wi-Fi, ZigBee® or GSM plug-ins)
- Supports PV and battery management as part of the StorEdge solution
- IP65 / NEMA 3R – suitable for outdoor and indoor installations
- Small lightweight and easy to install
- 99% weighted efficiency (33%-50% less losses than the market standard)
- High reliability due to lower heat dissipation
- Up to 155% oversizing allowed
SolarEdge Panel Level Optimisation Create a new solution to overcome limitations
- Maximise power generation
- Increase design flexibility
- High resolution monitoring
- Enhanced safety
The SolarEdge power optimiser is a DC/DC converter which is connected by installers to each PV panel or embedded by panel manufacturers, replacing the traditional solar junction box. The SolarEdge power optimisers increase energy output from PV systems by constantly tracking the maximum power point (MPPT) of each panel individually. Furthermore, the power optimisers monitor the performance of each panel and communicate performance data to the SolarEdge monitoring portal for enhanced, cost-effective panel-level maintenance.
Each power optimiser is equipped with the unique SafeDC™ feature which automatically shuts down panels' DC voltage whenever the inverter or grid power is shut down.
The MPPT per panel allows for flexible installation design with multiple orientations, tilts and panel types in the same string.
When working with SolarEdge Inverters, SolarEdge power optimisers automatically maintain a fixed string voltage, allowing installers even greater flexibility with longer strings and strings of different lengths in order to design optimal PV systems.
The SolarEdge power optimisers have a 25-year warranty.
SolarEdge Monitoring Platform
The monitoring platform provides enhanced PV performance monitoring and yield assurance through immediate fault detection and alerts at the panel level, string level and system level.
No hardware or wiring is required to transmit data from the power optimisers to the inverter: the monitoring sensors and transmitters are built into the SolarEdge power optimiser and solar inverter, and measurement data is transmitted over the regular power lines.
- Full visibility of your system's technical and financial performance, including interactive charts and site layout
- Visualisation of PV production, building consumption, and self-consumption
- Data presentation at the panel-level, string-level and system level
- Comprehensive site-level and fleet-level reporting and analysis tools with an option to schedule automatic reports and export reports
- Automatic alerts on system issues
- Remote troubleshooting and access to real-time system data and guided root-cause fault analysis
- High resolution data, including historical and aggregated views with comparative analysis diagnostic
- Easy access from a computer, smartphone, or tables
- Multiple options for social sharing and public display to drive referrals and generate leads
- Free for system lifetime
SolarEdge StorEdge Hybrid Inverter
SolarEdge’s StorEdge storage solution enables homeowners to maximise self-consumption and increase energy independence.
In addition to optimising self-consumption, StorEdge can also provide backup power to pre-selected loads when the household suffers from grid interruptions.
The StorEdge single phase inverter includes the hardware required for automatically providing power to backed-up loads in case of grid outage as well as optimising self-consumption. It manages battery, system energy and backup power, in addition to its functionality as a DC-optimised PV inverter.
- Single inverter for PV, storage and backup power
- Maximises self-consumption through the export limit feature and time-of-use shifts for reduced electricity bills
- Designed to eliminate high voltage and current during installation, maintenance, and firefighting
- Built-in monitoring of battery status, PV production, remaining backup power, and self-consumption data