Register with us for information about the South Australian Home Battery Scheme!
From October this year, 40,000 South Australian households will have access to $100 million in State Government subsidies and $100 million in loans to pay for the installation of home battery systems.
Some facts and FAQ about the Scheme
Home Battery Scheme subsidy levels
- Energy concession holder = $600.00 per kilowatt hour (kWh)
All other households = $500.00 per kilowatt hour (kWh)
- The system must have a minimum storage capacity of 2.5kWh, with no upper limit on capacity however the subsidy is capped $6000 per household
Do I qualify for a subsidy?
- The program is being designed so that it does not exclude any South Australian “Grid Connected” households from purchasing a subsidised home battery storage system.
- Up to 40,000 SA households will be eligible for the subsidy
- The battery system will need to be Virtual Power Plant compatible to qualify (You do not need to join a VPP program however)
What is the finance component of the Government scheme?
- $100 million low interest loans are available from 5.5% through Ratesetter for both batteries and new solar panels
Government website for the Scheme
How Home Solar Battery Storage Subsidy Works
When you select Generate Energy Pty Ltd as your battery storage supplier and installer under the SA Government Battery Scheme, we help simplify the process for you!
Fill in the form to register your interest in the SA home battery scheme or contact our friendly, expert consultants to register on 1300060633
Once the details about the battery scheme have been released, one of our battery specialists will give you a call to discuss how Generate Energy can assist you with selecting a battery and applying for the subsidy.
Once Generate Energy is an approved company under the program we can issue a formal quote. Simply accept the quote, decide what financing option you would like, and we’ll arrange the install!