Since October 2018, 40,000 South Australian households will have access to $100 million in State Government subsidies and $100 million in loans to pay for the installation of home battery systems!
Register with us for information about the South Australian Home Battery Scheme!
Already know about the scheme and want a quote?
Some facts and FAQ about the Scheme
Home Battery Scheme subsidy levels
- Energy concession holder = $600.00 per kilowatt hour (kWh)
All other households = $500.00 per kilowatt hour (kWh)
- The system must have a minimum storage capacity of 2.5kWh, with no upper limit on capacity however the subsidy is capped $6000 per household
Do I qualify for a subsidy?
- The program is being designed so that it does not exclude any South Australian “Grid Connected” households from purchasing a subsidised home battery storage system.
- Up to 40,000 SA households will be eligible for the subsidy
- The battery system will need to be Virtual Power Plant compatible to qualify (You do not need to join a VPP program however)
What is the finance component of the Government scheme?
- $100 million low interest loans are available from 5.5% through Ratesetter for both batteries and new solar panels
Government website for the Scheme
Generate Energy Approved Systems in the Scheme
- LG Chem/SolarEdge